Thursday, September 8, 2011

One foot in front of the other

     It was like having someone die close to me.  A warm and comfortable friend that I could turn to and they would be there.  And, then one day they weren't.   I'm not saying that I wasn't in need of a change for quite sometime, but a change in this way, was hard.  Thirteen years in a "doormat" position at work is a long time.  The reason I call it a "doormat" position is because no matter how hard I tried at making people happy, it always blew up in my face and people always bitched and complained.  They are never happy.  Sad to say, but I don't think they ever will be. 
     Not to say that I haven't been looking for employment elsewhere.  I have been sending resumes out left and right.  I've even went so far as to contact some friends in Knoxville to see if anything is going on down there.  I remember calling my Great Grandma, a long time ago,  and asking how she was doing and she would always say,"well, I'm putting one foot in front of the other.  I must be ok."  Even though some days I wish I could just close my eyes and not open them again out of the shame of all that has taken place.  I have to remember to keep putting one foot in front of the other.  Something is bound to give soon.  I just know it.  I can feel it in my bones. 
 
     

No comments:

Post a Comment