Sunday, September 18, 2011

May my cup runneth over

     I look to my true friends for inspiration.  The close friends that I do have are all positive and I need that in my life for I tend to be sullen by nature.  I have watched a friend of mine for the past year completely change her life and push forward in  a positive direction, and wow, what an inspiration she has been to me.  She is taking a huge leap of faith by uprooting and moving across the country with nothing more than a wing and a prayer.  I know she will be successful because she has that mindset.  The mindset that nothing will stop me from living "my" life.
     I helped her with a yard sale yesterday, and it almost confirmed what I have been mulling over inside my head for about a year now.  That nothing we gather around us, material wise, is worth anything of "real" value.  When I say "real" value I mean...it's temporary.  We only purchased those items to plug a supposed hole in our cup of life.  (Not to say I didn't walk away with several plugs yesterday....who can resist a good yard sale?)  It's only when we realize that our cup isn't flawed, no cracks or holes, that we see the "real" value of those items and can let them go.  I know now she can see her cup for what it is.  Never cracked.  Never broken.  It has always been as perfect as it should have been at the time.  Now it's time to fill the cup up with things that matter.  Experiences that I do believe we take with us when we go on.    All the emotions that make us human.  The pain, love, sorrow, joy, excitement, adventure....this is what matters. This is what fills the cup.
     I've often joked that I feel like I have let my youth and any chances of adventure slip by me.  Sometimes when I joke about myself it's often to negate any real feelings I am having about myself.  I do feel like I have been ripped off.  I would like another go please!   And, with the inspiration standing right in front of me, what is stopping me?  It is being shown to me that it can be done and it will be done.  Powerful life lessons right here in my own life.
     May our cups runneth over.....

1 comment:

  1. The journey presents itself in three segments. The first is emotional where the world and people around you begin to come into focus. You begin to work the puzzle of how you fit into all of it or if you fit into any of it at all. The second is mental where you devise a plan, perhaps several plans to become the person you know yourself to be. The last is physical. In this segment, you take a deep breath and take action on those plans. Remember my friend, the journey is about shedding layers of skin that must be peeled back one at a time. Sometimes they come off slowly with little effort, sometimes they feel as if they are being ripped from the very core of your being. Often the process is slow, not without tears and always filled with revelations about ourselves. The last layer is the most difficult, the most painful as it is the one that sits most taunt and raw against the skin. Trust me on this. I am certain of one thing, my journey is what is right for me. And yours, when the time comes, will be right for you. While your friends cannot make it all better they can make it bearable and mostly that is all we need it to be...enough to make it to the next level.

    I am here for you always. In the meantime, I anxiously await the cast bronze statue of those beautiful calves.

    Do not let your fear determine your destination in life.

    -Angela

    ReplyDelete