Thursday, October 6, 2011

Business as usual

     So it's been some time since my downfall.  The lowest point that I have felt in a long while.  I can say that I am regaining my strength and my ability to hold my head up.  I still find it hard to talk to people, because I have some trust issues.  But, I have always been a forgiving person.  Now, don't get me wrong.  I will not forget or forgive the one who caused me to suffer.  I will watch as the world unfolds around me, knowing full well that what is deserving will be dealt by more powerful hands than my own.  I will hold my head up high, knowing, that I had finally stood up for once in my life and was not going to be shit on.  This was a complete learning and growing experience...at least for me.
     The business world is corrupt.  There are some good people in it, but they don't last long.  It's totally based upon finger pointing and lies.  Just speak the truth.  Be honest.  Dammit, if I have a booger hanging out of my nose...TELL ME! 
     I am stronger than what I and others have given me credit for.  Thirteen years as a team leader, I have had to terminate employees.  Lay employees off.  Write employees up.  Give reviews and raises to employees.  Give speeches in front of Fortune 500 company presidents and vice presidents.  Blocked the entrance so that an angry husband couldn't come into the shop and hit his wife.  Put out two fires.  Led one and participated in 23 kaizen events.  Been cussed out on the shop floor by an employee and nothing ever done to the employee.  Been threatened to have my ass beat by two disgruntled employees.  Held three peoples hands as I waited for ambulances to arrive.  Called 911 for emergency care 4 times.  And, it was always business as usual when it was done.
     And, so it goes.  Now that this has all but blown over...only a few aftershocks here and there to remind me of what it once was... it's just business as usual.


  

1 comment:

  1. You sound too sad, my friend. Time for Ayahuasca. Just say Yes.

    ReplyDelete