Sunday, October 16, 2011

IPHONE 4S FIASCO

     Ok, so yesterday was a very busy day.  I had decided upon waking that I wanted the new Iphone.  After my friend Tony made several calls for me, there were a few in the Dayton area still available.  So, we showered and I drove in to pick him up then set out for what was going to be a wild goose chase.

     We arrived at our first At&t store, in which they did say they had one.  Walked in, and was greeted by a snotty lady, who I am sure her doo doo did not have any odor at all.  She put my name in her ipad and I was placed in queue.

     I roamed around the store for a bit and looked at the other phones in which are all inferior to the Iphone....in my opinion.  But.....But....I must say.  I really am impressed with the HTC models.  They have it going on there...
My name was suddenly being spoken above the low hum of conversations.  I was being summoned forth to receive the power.  The room became quiet with anticipation as the motions and gestures from patrons became slowed.  I couldn't tell if perhaps the world had slowed or I had flitted up to the AT&T alter in such a hurry that everyone's motions had slowed to a crawl.  I don't know.  I still ponder on that.

     Standing there timidly, I peered up in anticipation of those six magical words.  "How can I help you today?"  "Well, number one you can get this damn Iphone monkey off my back...."  Is what I wanted to say.  "We called and you said you had a 4S left."  My heart was pounding and any moisture that was in my mouth was replaced my sand now.  "I'm sorry. We've sold out."  "But, the guy we spoke to said he would hold it."  "We can't hold phones."  The world began to spin.  I was rejected at the alter.  Cast aside.  Tony had spoken to a William or a Michael.  I was going to find this person.  I began looking at the business cards of the people working.  They don't wear nametags...that would put holes in their shirts.  I imagine looking like a pissed off bull inside of a 8x8 corral.  No names matched the names that I think I remembered.

     We were off to Best Buy, since it was just around the corner.  We actually spent sometime in there.  That place is the oasis of all which is good.  Pure love and joy stream from within.  Until they told me there was no Iphone 4S in there.  We were off to the other AT&T store.

     Of course the same bad news at that store as well, but....the manager called the store which we were just at previously and they said they had a 64GB white and black.  "WHAT?"  We were just there before Best Buy and they said they didn't have any.  Back in the car...we had to make a mad dash back to the other AT&T store.  We entered the store and was greeted again by the no stinky poo poo lady.  "Back again huh?"  She asked.  "Yah, we went to the other store, and they called back to this store and were told they had a 64 GB white and black.  We were told that you didn't have any.  What happened did ya just poop them out?"  Oh yes...I did say that.  I was getting hungry, and when I get hungry something happens to my mood.  "I'm sorry there was an escalation."  She stated.  What does that mean, I thought.  What is an escalation?  I know what it means, but what does it mean in the way she just put it towards me.....??  I was placed in queue.

     My name was called and I walked to the alter once again.  This time there was no slow motion...the moment was dead.  I was ready for this to be over.  I would be receiving the very last one in the store.  The man spoke about how he had been the first to sell the 4S and now he would be the last to sell the final one.  Who cares, I thought....give me Siri.  Everything went thru as expected.  We walked out of the store and Tony drove so I could play with the new toy.

     The ride up the interstate turned into a match of trying to get Siri to talk to us.  We went back in forth a bit about not talking to her (Siri) properly.
"You didn't say it right."
"What do you mean I didn't say it right?  I said Send Tony a text."  I stated, shaking the Iphone in my hand.  (not hard)
"No.  You have.. to say... her name..." Tony stated with a regal shake of his head as if speaking of a Queen.
"I have to say her name every time I ask her something?"  I asked.
Then began the almost obsession of talking to her as if she were real. 

All in all it was quite the little adventure.  I like them every once in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment