Friday, October 21, 2011

Shooting day

     Today, a buddy of mine got his new gun.  An Ambush 6.8 Assault Rifle from Daniel Defense.  It had been over a month of anticipation for him..every day he waited on the call...but the call never came.

     First let me explain the short clip.  He is doing a "breaking in" of the rifle.  I am not keen on the subject, so I will probably use the wrong terminology...but bear with with me because I might be able to get this across in terms we both might understand....then again, I may lead us down a path we may never return from.  Let's see....

     Inside the barrel of the rifle there are tiny spirals, which travel down the length of the barrel.  Once fired the bullet travels up the barrel and along those spirals, causing it to spin.  This spin causes the bullet to fly straight and true.  Much like when a football player throws a football..he throws it in a spiral spin, thus causing less wind resistance (wobble) and it just goes further.  I throw a football and it goes about 15 yards at full wobble and I can barely lift my arm for days.  When the machining is done which creates the spirals, all the burrs left behind cannot all be removed.  So it's just good practice to first clean the gun to make sure nothing is in there.  Fire one time.  Clean again.  Fire twice.  Clean again.  Fire three times.  Clean again.  Etc Etc until you have fired five full rounds through and then cleaned it.  What you are doing is more or less "rubbing or running" in the bullet pathway.  Smoothing the launchpad.....seasoning the wok.    Sooooo...the reason for the short clip is because this is the very first shot.  IF you want to see more then you would have to go to my youtube page to see that.

     Anyways...peace out folks...Love ya'll

No comments:

Post a Comment