Friday, October 14, 2011

Come on ride that train...choo choo ride it

     Since I was five years old, I have always lived by the train tracks.  When I was younger I could hear the train coming for miles.  Now, I don't hear it at all.  Funny how when we hear something everyday we learn to not hear it.

     I got stopped by it on the way home from work.  At first I was frustrated because it being Friday and all...relaxation was calling my name.  Then it dawned on me.  I hadn't found my "beauty" for the day...and this was the universe reminding me to slow down and look.  And, there it was in front of me.  That memory....that sound.  When I was a child, I remember it lulling me to sleep. 

     The train was always an escape for me.  I knew that when things got to heavy...i could just hop aboard and be whisked away to somewhere else.  What would have happened if I had tried that...?  I could only imagine, and that would be a whole other blog.  Enjoy....

1 comment:

  1. I love and miss the trains with their familiar and soothing cadence against the night quiet. The freight trains are wonderful, I'm glad your found your daily slice of beauty in them.

    ReplyDelete